First, let’s get to know each other. You can get started with WJD in one of two ways:
- If you’d like to learn more about our services, simply view Our Management Program. Here you will find our fee schedule, directions to our office, an introduction to the WJD staff and testimonials from our clients. There are also samples of our management agreement and lease, a sample monthly statement and a sample year-end summary.
- If you’re ready to rent your home, jump right in and take advantage of our exclusive Rental Market Analysis. We’ll email you a free custom assessment of the rental value of your Northern Virginia home from WJD’s Principal Broker, David Norod.
After you’ve reviewed everything, contact Gina Talotta our Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can answer any questions you might have and walk you through the next steps in the process—she’ll get you everything you’ll need to place your home in our management program. We’re very proud of what we do at WJD. For nearly 30 years we’ve been providing Northern Virginia with the very best in property management. We look forward to working with you!
The Management Agreement
Download and review a blank sample of our Management Agreement .We will e-mail the completed document to you for signature along with the other materials necessary to engage our services. Once we receive the signed Agreement from you, along with $350 to establish your account reserve, we go to work for you right away.
When you sign the agreement you immediately accomplish several things:
- You create a legal agency relationship between yourself and WJD Management. Among other things, this means you give us permission to sign leases on your behalf.
- You give us the authority to list your home in the MRIS real estate database whenever we need to find a tenant.
- You turn your home into a business.
- And lastly, you take the first step toward the peace of mind that you will enjoy after hiring professional property management for your home.
Tell Us About Your Property
Fill out and return the Property Management Information Form that we will send to you. This tells us everything that we should know about the administration of your property including any service agreements you may have, what your community amenities are, your insurance information, etc.
Improve the Curb Appeal
If you have never rented your home before and are about to move out we will visit your property and recommend ways to improve the marketability of your home. We can advise you what to spend your money on and—equally important—what not to spend your money on. Our handy Owner Vacating Recommendations Checklist notes all of the items you will need to take care of when you move out. WJD can help you coordinate cleaning, painting, yard work, and other tasks if you need us to.
The Remaining Forms
The rest of the forms we will send you are: